This place was freaking gorgeous.They had Mexican fiestas, movies at night playing over the pools, and even a circus come!There were private, quiet beaches! Dolphins right there is the resort, a beautiful honeymoon suite that opened onto the beach and (zo's favorite part) free food! Thats right everyone, alonzo and I discovered the glory of all-inclusive resorts while on our honeymoon! There was 24 hour room service and like 5 beautiful restraunts. I'm sure everyone thought we were pigs because we would order several entree's and then jsut pick at what we liked. One time Zo called to order room service, I wasnt hungry so i wasnt going to eat, but he ordered like 4 meals, 2 appetizers and a few desserts, the room service lady actually asked him how many people it was for, he laughed and said 2 (liar! it was only for him!)
While in Cancun we got to travel to Chichen Itza. It was so cool! While there we had the best...um... shopping experience. I made the huge mistake of asking one of the little street vendors how much something cost, it was too much so I said no. Then suddenly I was sorrounded by at least 6-7 people all trying to sell me similar items and always changing their price. Aj had to actually come over and pull me out of this crowd of people and tell all of them to leave me alone.... they kept following us for like 2 minutes! Lesson: dont make eye contact or point at anything that anyone is selling you in Mexico.
We also got to go to this HUGE underground well, called a synote (or something like that)! it was so beautiful! (see picture to come soon :) )
While on our grand honeymoon adventure we also got to spend lots of time laying in hammocks on the beach, and swimming in the most blue, calm, warm water.
We went horseback riding in the freaking jungle and on the beach!!! Aj secretly wanted to go parasailing but he knew I loved horses so we got to go on the most amazing ride ever! We got to run on the beach and in the water for hours!
One last great cancun adventure i'll tell you about.... Speed boats and Snorkeling!
Alonzo and I decided we wanted to go on this tour where we got to drive our own speed boats an hour out into the ocean to the worlds second largest coral reef! It was so amazing! Alonzo really loved driving like crazy, at full throttle on the ocean! but the real story from this day was my.. hair. Read on and you'll see why.
So, in order to get to this fabulous snorkeling adventure we decide to take freaking mexican public transportation! We finally find our way to a bus and at some point find our way off of that same bus only 2 stops past where we should have gotten off! No big deal! Its just another adventure. So there we are walking down the street enjoying the scenery and chasing iguana's when it starts to rain! not a trickle, a huge rain storm!!! we are completly drenched! We finally find our way to the marina and of course it instantly stops raining. (Alright, i dont know if i mentioned this but I had in Hair extensions from the wedding and they were pretty unhappy with mexico in general but they really really hated the salt water.)
So here we are, soaking wet at the marina and I run my hands through my hair and sigh cause it is a tangled mess! but what can i do, we're about to get on speed boats, so I just pull my hair back. then, 1 hour ride to coral reef, 1.5 hours swimming (in Salt water) then a 1 hour ride back in speed boat. We finally arrive back to the hotel and i go to shower cause our day isnt even close to over and i need to get ready again.
I literally couldnt get the elastic out of my hair, aj had to come in and break it our of my hair. This might sound a bit extreme but we literally couldnt get my hair out of the knot that it was in. 3 hours an entire bottle of conditioner and a nearly broken brush later and those extensions are still so tangled we cant even force our finger through the middle of it.
the decision is made that I am probably going to have to cut them out of my hair. Alonzo of course thinks this whole situation is so freaking hilarious he cant stop pointing and laughing. (he even secretly giggled while he comforted me about the fact that my hair was going to have to be shorter than his). So we cant get it out and No way am I going to get ym hair cut in mexico! So I have to live with this GIANT ugly this protruding out the back of my head!
We still had 1.5 days left in cancun and i looked like a retard! So i tried to cover it up... which made alonzo laugh even harder:
We finally get home to SLC and the first thing we do it head to bountiful to ask my mother-in-law and sisters to save my hair(my mom was out of town). After another few hours of them picking at it they tell me, " Sorry but you're going to have to cut your hair out) :( It was finally hitting me, and i was close to a nervous break down when Lyman (aj's dad) decides he is going to help. No one thinks he will do anything but give me a much worse headache becasue my hair was pretty much past saving. but 3 hours later with a lot of ripped out hair he got the extensions-monster out of my hair!!





No comments:
Post a Comment