I come across this quote and I though that it was fabulous! Don’t you just love people that can see the best in the world?
"I believe in pink! I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner.
I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when
everything seems to be going wrong. I believe happy girls are the
prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe
in miracles." --Audrey Hepburn
I’ve been thinking about attitude a lot lately, our attitude can change everything. I wouldn’t normally write about this stuff, I had planned to use my blog to update friends and family on our married adventures but heck, I’m bored and this is my blog so I can write whatever I want! :)
We have been admonished to lift where we stand! What great advice! I think that we often feel that if some great opportunity, some fabulous responsibility were suddenly thrust upon us that we would rise to the occasion; we would give everything to fulfill our duty to man and God. And yet when daily, God places small responsibilities upon us and gives us simple things to do we often overlook them or ignore them. I often find myself thinking that if things were a little different, if I had a different job, a different class, or a different situation that I would be happier, that I could do more. But I think that the lesson I need to learn is to lift where I stand. Things will never be perfect. Something can always be better and other people and situations will always be out of my control, so the only thing that I can control is myself. I can whine and cry about everything that isn’t right or I can go through life with a big smile on my face and appreciate all the things that are right.
Don’t get me wrong life can be hard. But something that someone told me has really stuck with me and I have given it a lot of thought over the past few weeks:
Life is hard, but it is simple. There is really only one choice to make, to walk with the Lord or to choose another way, any other way, and walk alone.
So life is hard but happiness is a choice! It is an attitude! I am a firm believer that we get to choose whether we are happy people or not and that no other person or situation gets to dictate that for us. I can complain that I have to get up at 5:30 every morning but instead I can choose to be happy that I get to see the sun rise everyday! I can complain and grumble that I have to walk FOREVER into school or I can be grateful that I am fitting a small bit of exercise into my morning! When we get lost while driving I can get upset or see it as an adventure! Don’t let other people or situations dictate how you see the world! Be happy! Choose to be happy! Lift where you stand! Don’t always be living for the things that will happen tomorrow, live and live well in today!
Everyone always says they want to live without regrets! You will never regret the choice to be happy, the choice to lift someone else. The things you will regret is that you didn’t smile enough, you didn’t love enough, you didn’t play enough! So laugh and play and believe that your smile is changing the world! Let people know that you love them, don’t be afraid of getting hurt, invest your whole self in your life, live it passionately and chose to be happy! :D

No comments:
Post a Comment