But here we go, I’m going to give it another go!
It’s been ten months since I last blogged and SO much has happened!
So here are the highlights and some random tidbits in no particular order other than this is the order that i remembered them in: ... pictures most likely to come when I get around to it...
-We went to Moab with our friends Mike and Krissy and had a blast! We’ve gone down to moab for the past 2 years for the april action car show! It is so much fun!
-We went to Zo’s family cabin in Manti with our friends Jeff& Diana and Dustin& Jillyn. That trip was so much fun! We got to break in alonzo’s fabulous new jeep (which by the way we also bought a great jeep since I blogged last) and we got to see just how tough jeff’s truck was getting up the perilous mountain to the cabin! On that same trip we were able to attend a session at the Manti temple, it was the first time we’ve been back to that temple since we were sealed there and it was the first time that we’ve been through a session there! It was really wonderful and special to be back! What a beautiful temple!
- I finished Nuclear Medicine! Oh my gosh it has been a long journey! Seriously, this year has been long! My typical day consisted of getting up at 5:30 and going to clinic, finishing clinic at 3:00 and then going to work till 9:10 at night and rarely seeing my husband! But we always made the most of the little time that we did have together. After finishing Nuclear Medicine on June 10th I took and passed my board exams on June 13th!!!! The other students waited longer to take their boards and decided to take a break before tackling CT but I went right back into clinic the day after my boards and was finished by July 7th! Now I am just waiting to take my boards in CT! I’m done FOREVER with school! Wahoo!
-While waiting and searching for a job in the state in Nuc Med I didn’t just want to sit around doing my part time job so I pursued a full time job with my current company and was very blessed to get the full-time position that was available up in Bountiful! So I am working full time here and waiting and looking for any opportunities in nuclear medicine but am so grateful that I at least have a full-time job!
-WE MOVED!!!! We’re now living in this fabulous 2 bedroom apartment in north salt lake! (NO, WE’RE NOT PREGNANT WE JUST WANTED MORE SPACE!) We love the apartment! We’ve had tons of neighbors stop by to meet us, so we’ve loved the neighbors we’ve met so far! There is tons of storage and it is so much bigger and only about 20$ more a month! Unfortunately we are farther away from my family but it is so much closer to both of our works and it is close to zo’s family! Zo’s parents live about 2 minutes away from where I work and so I always go over there for my lunch break! It has been so much fun! Clari and I eat lunch and run errands together everyday! We have become sidekicks. I didn’t see her one day after having seen her everyday and I was going through withdrawals! Its been great for both of us, she just graduated so she doesn’t have school or work and since Alonzo is usually at work or school and I don’t have school anymore I am always looking for something to do!
-Alonzo had surgery! :( We went in to have an MRI to check on a concern, the MRI was clean but it showed big cysts in his sinuses. So we went to an ENT to check out his sinuses, they did a CT scan and determined that they needed to open up his sinuses and scrape them out, but in order to do that they had to straighten his septum. They also realized they needed to shave down his turbinates and remove his tonsils. So in the end he had like 4 surgeries all at once. He did not handle that well! Haha! It was a crazy adventure. When he came out of surgery he was a little combative and very mad at the nurses for waking him up! It was so so funny! It took so long for him to recover! He was in so much pain and from not eating and having so many pain pills and ibuprofen that he got very very sick and started throwing up. But in the end he came through it and we’re just glad it is done!
-Katie Jane and I started a book club! We both LOVE to read! And I was bummed that we hardly ever got to see each other so this was the perfect excuse to get together each month and hang out or grab lunch! It has been so so much fun! A bunch of us meet every month and it is a blast! We’d love for anyone else to come along if they’d like! Let me know!
I discovered goodreads.com!! I love it! It is how I find all of my good books! If you’re not on goodreads join! And add me as a friend so we can share great book ideas!
-I just added google+, dont think I really like it, except it works at work ;)
-I also just started using Pinterest! I love it but still not entirely sure how it works hahaha! I seem to suddenly be “following” like 30 people, most of whom I’ve never heard of and no matter how many times that I try to delete them it never works. Also love it cause it works at work, albeit slowly because of the dial up!
- Matty got married!!! My brother was married in June. Him and Brittney have been together for so long that it seems like they were already married but I am so happy and excited for them to officially start their lives together!
-I’ve always known this but have discovered it even more since getting married but I LOVE TO COOK!! I have started to get a giant collection of cookbooks! I’m obsessed! And I am always looking up recipes online! I can’t get enough! My most recent accomplishments include perfecting my making of the Lion House Bakery Rolls! And making the most beautiful delicious chicken marsala!
-My mom got bit by a rattlesnake the other day!!! AH! In the house! It was the craziest thing ever! She was in our dinning room and a rattlesnake came out from behind the china cabinet and she got bit on the foot! She was rushed to the hospital and had to spend the night there! Luckily she is fine but it was such a crazy experience.
- Me and my Sis’s went to see Tim Mcgraw this past weekend!! I secretly (or I guess now not so secretly) hate Tim Mcgraw, I went to see The Band Perry and to spend some quality sister time! It was such an adventure! Although I hate Tim Mcgraw the concert was AWESOME! and I started to not so much hate Tim Mcgraw as think that he is the hottest old man ever! I have never been to Usana and I LOVED it! To lay on blankets on the grass, eat Costa Vida and listen to awesome music with awesome people (aka sister... not the drunk people that kept asking Molly to do things for them)
Alonzo surprised me with a huge 11 day trip for our anniversary! I can’t believe it has been a year; it’s been the best year of my life!! I’ll blog about it when we get back!!

No comments:
Post a Comment